We are determined to provide employee benefits that ensure the very best people want to work at our Play & Learn centres. Some of the benefits we provide:
- Above award pay rates.
- Above award district allowance.
- Full shift allowance.
- Leave loading – 25% on top of ordinary pay rate for annual leave.
- Loyalty program – eligible for additional rewards after 3 plus years of service.
- Casual penalty rates of 25%.
- Training Allowance – paid up to 15 hours per annum (for TADP training)
- Paid study time for trainees contracted and eligible under the governments traineeship scheme (must be deemed a Trainee)
- Special leave – a week’s leave after every six months of continuous service. (In addition to the regular four weeks annual leave.)
- Flexible working conditions – part time and job share options.
Training and professional development
- Study assistance – financial support with fees, study leave, use of centre resources, student discussion forum to link with students at other Play & Learn centres and easy access to qualified staff for mentoring support.
- Training needs of staff are regularly assessed and both on and offsite training provided.
- Orientation Program – An extensive mentoring program is provided during orientation.
- Career growth – interested and talented staff are encouraged to progress their career within Play & Learn centres.
We are committed to finding new ways to provide a rewarding career for our team members.
What some of our team members have said…
Returning to work after having children and being a stay at home mum was such a big decision to make. Securing a position within a Play & Learn centre has now turned into an extended family for me and my children. The staff have treated my children as their own welcoming them with open arms. Management is understanding when it comes to needing extra support and assistance being a working parent with children in care. I am able to watch my children be encouraged with endless opportunities everyday as well as pursue my career and further my knowledge in an inspirational setting. Amanda, (former Centre Manager, Bletchley Play & Learn & Centre Consultant)
My journey at Bletchley Play & Learn began when I joined the small team as a relief educator when the centre first opened in October 2008. The idea of a brand new beginning, the quality of educators, and friendly families as well as the obviously high integrity and passion that I felt from Ros and management encouraged me to become a permanent member of the Bletchley team. In time the Centre grew, more educators and children joining me. I was appointed Assistant Coordinator before too long, a role I was very comfortable with and thrived. The Centre has continued to grow and change over time and now I am Centre Coordinator, a challenging and rewarding position. I lead the team and work with them each day to provide the best care and education to children, as well as support to families. Signe, (former Centre Manager, Bletchley Play & Learn).